Myotherapy is a body & soft tissue therapy used to assess & treat myofascial or musculoskeletal pain, injury & disfunction that affect mobility & movement. Trigger points, a medical term defined as an irritable spot in the muscle, are located & diffused using gentle to medium pressure applied with the fingertips, knuckles, or elbows. Muscle groups are then stretched & relaxed to restore and maintain the normal function of the soft tissue structure (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia)
A myotherapy treatment can include soft tissue manipulation, trigger point therapy, myofascial dry needling, myofascial release, cupping, thermal therapy / cryotherapy, postural assessment and correction, corrective exercises (stretches, strength), core stability exercises, diet and nutritional advice.
Myotherapy can help with ...
- Acute & chronic physical conditions or injuries affecting function & mobility
- Sporting, occupational & recreational injuries
- Posture related pain & stiffness
- Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Headaches / migraines
- Neck pain & stiffness
- Tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer's elbow, carpal tunnel
- Back pain including 'sciatica'
- Joint & vertebral dysfunction & pain
- Shoulder pain, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Numbness / tingling in hands & fingers – thoracic outlet syndrome
- Knee, leg & foot pain – shin splints, patella tracking dysfunction, runners knee, ankle sprains
- Arthritis / Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy – pre/post natal complaints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Pain & dysfunction associated with stress & tension
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness
- Pre & Post surgery conditions
1.5 hrs $110
Gift Vouchers available.
Eftpos/cc facilities available.
Health fund rebates may apply- please ask when booking.