community

How does Chinese Medicine work?

“Tong Ze Bu Tong; Bu Tong Ze Tong” Huang Di Nei Jing  “If there is free flow, there is no pain; if there is pain, there is lack of free flow.”   In Traditional Chinese Medicine, Qi (air or fluid) is stimulated at specific Acupuncture points to create a balanced flow throughout the body, this is said to balance the Yin and Yang of the body and create a smooth flow of [...]

Reiki – Why I Became A Reiki Practitioner With Luisa Scire

I had my first Reiki treatment over 10 years ago when I was holidaying with family in Queensland. I saw the certificate on her wall and just thought i would have a treatment. I layed on the table fully clothed and the practitioner placed her hands on various areas of the body. I don’t remember [...]

Can’t sleep? – Tips From Dr Leela Klein

Can’t sleep?   You are not on your own. Almost 90% of Australians suffer from a sleeping disorder, with 30% having a severe sleeping disorder, and 5% experiencing chronic insomnia. Furthermore, as we age our sleep patterns change, it will generally take longer to fall asleep and the quality of sleep is reduced. The elderly [...]

Positive Effects of Massage Therapy on Biochemistry From Luisa Scire

Positive Effects of Massage Therapy on Biochemistry   Serotonin is the neurotransmitter that is Predominantly responsible for regulating our sense of calm. Feelings of contentment, satisfaction and well-being are generated by this neurotransmitter, prompting relaxation and peace. Dopamine also plays a role in executive function which relates our ability to sustain attention, stay alert, and [...]

Billie Atherstone in ‘More Real’ – the podcast

Co-owner Billie Atherstone was invited to speak with Dan from ‘More Real’, a Podcast about real people for real people! After Pip, Billie's sister and co-owner of Kundalini House, was asked to be on a More Real episode it felt right for Billie (Siri Bhagvati) to be invited to speak too. It's so nice [...]

Pip Atherstone-Reid in ‘More Real’ – the podcast

Co-owner Pip Atherstone-Reid was invited to speak with Dan from 'More Real', a Podcast about real people for real people! This is a special opportunity to listen to an intimate conversation with Pip - Enjoy! About this Episode: Pip is a beautiful woman, in so many ways, who brings all of herself to this conversation [...]

Trauma Sensitive Yoga for the Recovery from Trauma – TSY From Rhonda Weatherby

Trauma Sensitive Yoga for the Recovery from Trauma - TSY   This course is created to establish a safe, predictable and non-judgmental space in which trauma survivors can begin to get to know their bodies again. TSY is an evidence based course for healing trauma, created by David Emerson from The Trauma Centre in Boston, [...]

Astrology With Gil Dwyer

Living in Peace and Harmony leading into the Aquarius Full Moon The Leo New Moon got the month of August off to a creative, fiery and heartfelt start, ideally reconnecting us on some level with our inner child. Mercury stationed to turn direct an hour before the New Moon and will be in its shadow [...]

How mindfulness can help you to deal better with stress – Part 3 By Dr Alla Demutska (Insight Psychology Centre) and Dr Richard Chambers

The stress response   40,000 years ago, two cave people walked out of their cave. It was summer and the sun was shining. One of the cave people thought to themselves “What a lovely day…I think I will go and eat some berries and have a swim, and later I might lie and watch the [...]

Winter – Time to rug up, eat walnuts & have acupuncture By Leela Klein

Winter – Time to rug up, eat walnuts & have acupuncture   Chinese Medicine encourages us to live in harmony with the seasons, and according to Chinese medicine theory, there are five seasons – winter, spring, summer, late summer, and autumn. Winter is the season of hibernation, when energy moves inward. A time of retreat [...]

Go to Top