Dry needling is a technique used by our Myotherapist, Acupuncturists and Osteopath, to treat muscular pain and tension. It involves inserting thin needles into trigger points or tight bands of muscle to stimulate a twitch response and release tension. Some of the potential benefits of dry needling for muscular pain may include:
- Pain Relief: Dry needling can help reduce pain and discomfort in muscles and trigger points. The insertion of needles can disrupt the pain cycle and promote healing.
- Improved Range of Motion: By releasing muscle tension and knots, dry needling can lead to increased flexibility and improved range of motion in the affected area.
- Muscle Relaxation: The needling process can induce muscle relaxation, which can be particularly beneficial for individuals with chronic muscle tension and stiffness.
- Improved Blood Flow: Needling may stimulate increased blood flow to the targeted muscles, aiding in the delivery of nutrients and removal of waste products, which can promote healing.
- Reduction in Muscle Spasms: Dry needling can help reduce muscle spasms and contractions, which are often associated with muscular pain.
- Enhanced Healing Response: The micro-injuries caused by the needles can trigger the body’s natural healing processes, potentially leading to long-term improvement in muscle function and pain reduction.
- Complementary Treatment: Dry needling can complement other forms of physical therapy and rehabilitation, helping to address muscular pain as part of a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Fewer Side Effects: Compared to some medications or more invasive procedures, dry needling typically has fewer side effects and is considered a relatively safe treatment option when performed by trained and licensed practitioners.
- Individualized Treatment: Dry needling can be tailored to the specific needs and condition of each patient, making it a versatile treatment option.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of dry needling can vary depending on the individual, the specific condition being treated, and the skill of the practitioner. Our Practitioners at Kundalini House are highly qualified and experienced in diagnosing and treating pain conditions. Call us today to book in on 9482 4325.