Here’s their recommendations:
- Eat warming, cooked foods rather than cold salads and raw foods
- Ask your family to arrange a ‘meal train’ so your loved ones can drop you meals on a schedule. Feeling supported by your community has many benefits and lightens the load so you have more time to rest. You can even download app to arrange your meal train!
- Include bone broths in your diet to support breast milk production. Have a cup each morning or use it in place of stock in recipes. It can be made ahead of time and frozen or brought in powder/ paste form, we love the flavoured organic bone broth powders by Nutra Organics which we sell at Kundalini House.
- Eat qi/energy boosting foods such as rice, oats, sweet potato, button or shitake mushroom, basil, ginger.
- Eat blood/fluid building foods such as beetroot, dark leafy greens, avocado, dates, kidney beans, eggs.
- Make sure you stay hydrated and rest whenever possible, resist the urge to bounce back quickly and enjoy your ‘golden month’.
Need some inspiration? A day of post-partum nourishing foods that can be prepped ahead of time & consumed through the week could look like:
Breakfast- Oats with apple & pear stewed in ginger & cinnamon OR eggs, garlic kale & mushrooms on wholegrain toast
Lunch- Warm roasted root vegetable salad with spinach & quinoa OR bone broth with miso paste, soba noodles & veg
Dinner- Slow cooker lamb shanks with mashed sweet potato OR hearty chicken & vegetable soup with cannellini beans & herbs
Looking for pre or post natal care? Read more here about what we offer at Kundalini House.